- Kevin is the founder of Arowana & Co. He orchestrated the formation and listing of Arowana International Limited.
- Kevin has extensive experience in “hands on” strategic and operational management having served as CEO, CFO and COO of various companies across a range of industries.
- He also has significant international experience in private equity, buyouts of public companies, mergers and acquisitions and capital raisings as well as funds management, accounting, litigation support and valuations.
- Kevin has been primarily responsible for delivering annualised returns in excess of 30% to investors across Arowana & Co.s’ investments since its formation in 2007. This has been achieved through driving strategic and operational excellence with minimal leverage.
- Over his 20 year career, Kevin has held a number of strategic and operational leadership roles and was also previously with Lowy Family Group, J.P. Morgan in Sydney and New York, Ord Minnett, PWC and Deloitte.
- Kevin holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree from the University of New South Wales where he was one of the inaugural University Co-Op Scholars with the School of Banking and Finance.
- He is also a qualified Chartered Accountant and a Fellow of FINSIA, where he was a lecturer in the Masters of Applied Finance programme.
Portfolio Manager & Lead Analyst
- Gary has been Chief Investment Officer and Fund Manager of Arowana Australasian Value Opportunities Fund since 2014.
- He has extensive experience in commercial enterprise, spanning the functional disciplines of accounting, mergers and acquisitions, equity capital markets and principal/alternative investments.
- Gary specialises in the forensic analysis of industries undergoing structural change, in order to identify multi-year investment opportunities.
- Along with being a qualified Chartered Accountant, Gary also completed the Securities Institute of Australia (now FINSIA) program, placing first nationally in Mergers and Acquisitions.
- He holds a Bachelors Degree in Commerce from the University of New South Wales.
Co-Manager & Senior Analyst
- Ben has over 10 years experience as an Analyst. He is responsible for making investment recommendations based on fundamental and evidence based research.
- Prior to joining AAVOF in 2015, he held positions as an Associate Director (Corality Financial Group) and as an Analyst (VGI Partners, Macquarie Bank).
- Ben completed the Chartered Finance Analyst (CFA) Program and has been awarded the CFA Charter. Ben also qualified as a Chartered Accountant (CA) and holds degrees in Business (Bachelors) and Economics (MSc).
- Ben has lectured for the CFA Institute and at the University College of London.
- John joined Arowana as an Investment Director in 2015, before transitioning to his role as Data Scientist in 2016. He brings a wealth of experience in financial modelling and business analysis in the energy sector.
- Prior to Arowana, John worked as a Director at Corality Financial Group for 3 years.
- He also won a silver medal at the International Mathematical Olympiad in Helsinki in 1985.
- He holds a PhD and BA in Pure Mathematics from the University of Sydney.
Operations & Marketing Team
Chief Financial and Operating Officer
- Conor is the Chief Financial and Operating Officer of Arowana International Limited and is an experienced company director, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer.
- Prior to joining Arowana in 2015 Conor was COO for over eight years at the investment manager, Investors Mutual, and oversaw its growth from 0m funds under management (FUM) to in excess of b FUM.
- He is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland (FCA), a member of Chartered Accountants Australia + New Zealand (CA) and a member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD).
Investor Relations Director
- Benn Lim joined Arowana as Investor Relations Director in 2016.
- He is responsible for investor relations for Arowana International & Arowana Funds Management.
- Benn has extensive experience in investment markets.
- Benn holds a Bachelor of Economics from the University of Sydney and a Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance & Investments from the Securities Institute of Australia (now FINSIA).
Office and Quality Assurance Manager
- Elizabeth joined Arowana in 2013 and is responsible for administering internal processes.
- She is an accomplished administrative professional with over 15 years experience.
- Over the last 8 years, Elizabeth has focussed on providing administrative and back office support in the financial sector.
- Elizabeth holds a Bachelor of Arts from Macquarie University